Discover Thailand with Thailand Discovery
What Is Thailand Pass
The Thailand Pass system is a web-based system designed to make the documentation process of travelers entering Thailand more efficient than the Certificate of Entry application.
Thailand Pass. Just like the Certificate of Entry, it will collect data for entry forms required, but what makes it better than the Certificate of Entry (COE) is that it collects both travel and health information like vaccine certificates, and it will help facilitate the filing of the TM6 and T8 Forms.
Through the Thailand Pass system, the expected documents and other paperwork requirements imposed on by the COVID-19 will be addressed.
The goal of the new Thailand Pass is to help support the country’s “Ease of Travel” system after it reopens and to speed up filling out information and uploading travel documents.
Who Can Apply for the Thailand Pass?
The Thailand Pass is required for all travelers whether Thai or foreigners based on the following travel restrictions:
- Fully Vaccinated from the Listed Countries
Fully vaccinated travelers, both Thai and foreigners will be allowed to enter Thailand without quarantine or sandbox stay. They only need to stay for 1 night in an ASQ or SHA+ Hotel while they wait for the COVID 19 RT-PCR test result that was taken upon arrival. The quarantine-free program is initially available for low-risk countries, and currently, there are 46 countries on the list. You must have stayed in these countries for at least 21 days before traveling to Thailand (except for those who traveled from Thailand). Unvaccinated children below 12 years old may travel with vaccinated parents without quarantine.
What are the Requirements for the Thailand Pass?
Thailand Pass. In support of the “Ease of Travel”, there are only a few requirements that one will need to be able to obtain a QR entry code and enter Thailand. Listed below are the requirements:
- Vaccination Certificate
- COVID-19 Health Insurance Certificate
- Confirmed ASQ hotel booking or Confirmed SHA+ hotel booking
- Flight Booking
- Copy of Thai Visa (if required)
How to Apply for Thailand Pass
The Thailand Pass System is a QR code generating system.
To obtain a QR entry code or Thailand Pass ID, travelers will have to:
- Register at Thailand Pass web portal
- Input personal details
- Upload the required documents
And if approved, you will receive an email of your QR Entry Code or Thailand Pass ID which you will use upon entering Thailand.
- The Thailand Pass system will be available on November 1 at 9 AM Thailand time.
- If your COE has been issued before November 1, 2021, please go to the weblink provided to you by the embassy and download your updated COE to match the new entry requirements for November 1, 2021, onward.
- If you are traveling on November 1 to 7, you may still apply for the COE using the old system. For information about the COE, please check here: COE Thailand
How long does it take to Process the Thailand Pass?
The processing time for the Thailand Pass application is 3 to 5 days depending on the Thai Embassy or Consulate where the application has been submitted. It is recommended to apply for the Thailand pass at least 7 days before your intended departure.